Sean takes us through the steps to make a fantastic pie dough. Giving tips and tricks along the way, he wraps up with both personal and societal implications of a good pie.
Pie Dough Recipe:
2.5 cups of flour
1 to 2 teaspoons salt
12 tablespoons cold butter
8 tablespoons cold shortening
- Mix together flour and salt.
- Cut butter into chunks and place in flour with shortening.
- Combine flour and butter and shortening with movement across fingers, careful not to overwork flour.
- Add cold water until shaggy and holds shape.
- Roll out with more flour.
Music by Stefana Fratila.